Whoever said size does not matter, needs to rethink. You cannot make Bhindi Posto(Okra with Khus-Khus) with big lady's fingers. They have to be small. What did you think I was talking about ?!
When the ex-French Prez married Bruni, taller than him even in her flats, there were speculations & psychoanalysis about Sarkozy's move. While some put it to a clear case of romance on the rebound, the more probing reports pointed to the Prez's sensitivity about his own height and marrying the Italian singer to flaunt a glamorous trophy wife. All this of course, to show ex-wife that if she could move on, so could he. Whatever be the real motive behind the act, the long & the short of the matter is that the couple has a daughter together, making Nicolas the first ever French Prez to have a child while in office.
In the deeper things of life, maybe, size does not, afterall, matter. Good for the human race. But coming back to the veggie that packs in its little pod, very low calories, no saturated fat or cholesterol, healthy amounts of vitamin A,C & K, important minerals like iron, calcium, manganese & magnesium and a host of other benefits, I maintain what I'd shared earlier. That if you want to digress from your usual bhindi pyaz and try something authentically Bong, keep it small. The size of the bhindi I mean. It's no fun making Bhindi Posto with the vegetable, chopped. The seeds will be all over the place and you don't want that.
This is how we go about it.
1. 250 gms small bhindi - head & tail cut
2. 1tbsp posto
3. 1- 1 1/2tsp mustard seeds(sarson/rai)
4. 1/4 tsp turmeric
5. 1-2 green chillies/as preferred
6. 1 tbsp mustard oil(preferably)
7. Salt to taste
1. Soak mustard & posto- in enough water to immerse the ingredients- for 10-15 mins.
2. Heat oil in a flat-bottomed pan, sprinkle turmeric & salt, lay out the bhindis & allow frying on medium heat.
3. As the bhindis fry, grind the sarson, posto & green chillies to a smooth paste.
4. When the bhindis are fully cooked, add the posto paste, mix well and let water dry.
Remove from flame and let the dish sit for a while.
Served with plain rice & peeli daal, Bhindi Posto makes you turn misty-eyed in bliss....