No stories, no fuss. Just a heartfelt THANK YOU to all for being a part of Food Stall & writing to tell me all those lovely things that you do. For a journey that started saat samandar paar & came back to where the heart is, it has been extremely rewarding because of YOU, dear friends.
As I grow older today, & hopefully, wiser, this is my token of gratitude for all you wonderful people who laud me on to keep writing, cooking, clicking pics & sharing my yatra. Thank you ever so much.
Murgh Hing is my bday offer to you. All my veg frenz, watch this space for a delicacy of your choice. Should come sooner than later :) This recipe, by the way, has no adrak, lehsun, pyaaz . Just how a veg likes his/her fare to be ;)
1. 1 kg chicken
2. 2-3 potatoes - cubed(optional)
3. 2-4 tbsp curd
4. 1-2 tbsp mustard oil
5. 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
6. 1 tsp hing (asafoetida)
7. 2 cups water
8. Salt to taste
1. 1 tsp dhania(coriander seeds)
2. 1 tsp zeera (cumin seeds)
3. 1 tsp garam masala(cardamom, cinnamon, clove)
1. 1/2 tsp dhania
2. 1/2 tsp zeera
3. 1/2 tsp garam masala
4. 3-4 dry red chillies
5. 2-3 tej patta (bay leaf)
1. Mix hing in water & keep aside.
2. Dry roast dhania , zeera & garam masala. Grind when cool. Keep aside.
3.Heat oil. Allow seasoning to splutter.
4. Put hing water in the seasoning & let boil.
5. When water boils, add chicken, potato cubes & salt, cover wok and
let chicken cook for 15 mins on medium flame till tender.
6. Add yogurt when chicken & potato are done and let simmer till gravy thickens.
7. Add the roasted ground masala, cook for a min & remove from flame.
Goes best with plain rice or roti.