Legend goes that J.N.Tata decided to build a luxury hotel when he was denied entry into one. Entry to Watson Hotel was restricted 'to Whites only'. And thus came about the iconic landmark in the financial capital of India, the Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai.
Jamshedpur, Jampot, as we fondly call it, is in a celebratory mood. Jubilee Park is decked like a bride, radiant, shining. All those who have lived in this clean city rave about it. You can take a person out of Jampot, not Jampot out of a former resident. 'Oh Jamshedpur! You're from JAMSHEDPUR!', & the bonding is immediate, almost inevitable.
Just the day to salute the founding father for giving me a safe, clean & green city to grow up in. For you, Sir Tata. Innovation from my kitchen. To humbly match your innovation in industries. Pardon the audacity & accept this sweet as a grateful homage from all Tatanagar ke niwasi.
Mishti Doi, sweet yogurt, with a difference. Zara hat ke!
1. Creamy yogurt- 500gms
2. Condensed Milk - 1 cup
3. Egg yolk food colour- 1/4tsp
4. Vanilla/kesar essence-1/2tsp How to:
1. Allow oven to pre-heat to 160° C.
2. Add condensed milk, colour & essence to yogurt & whip to smoothness.
3. Let the sweetened yogurt bake for 20-30 mins in the oven.
Tip: Do not bake for more than 30 minutes, the Mishti Doi will become too hard.
4. Take out from oven & check for firmness.
5. Let mishti doi cool for 30 mins, cover with a cling film & keep in the refrigerator(not freezer) for at least 3 hours.
Serve cold & wow your guests.
Time Saver: Make it the evening before if you are hosting a party the next day.
The mishti doi will set in the fridge overnight & you will have one dish less to make the day of the party.
Salaam Tatanagar! We miss you.